Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Golf legend Nick Faldo was made knight in Queen Elizabeth II's birthday honours list.

Published June 13th 2009. AFP

Faldo, 51, the former world number one, won six majors during a glittering career that made him one of the most successful European golfers ever. Famously single-minded, he won three Opens and three US Masters championships. "I was delighted to hear the news that I will be receiving a knighthood and am more than a little bit humbled to have been afforded this great honour," the new Sir Nick said.

 
Sir Nick Faldo

"I've been playing golf at the highest level for some 35 years or more now; it has always been my intention to do my utmost to develop this game both in Britain and abroad. "Golf is in so many ways a very British pastime, and Britain the true home of the sport. "I believe I join Sir Henry Cotton as the only other professional British golfer to receive a knighthood so to stand alongside such esteemed company is incredible."

No comments:

Post a Comment